Friday, November 29, 2013

Lucky Clover

I'm making the Lucky Clover doily from Tatting Pattern's and Designs, by Blomqvist and Persson, using Cebelia No. 20, color 745, "Banana Yellow". (I have this book and several others on my Nook, which I adore!)

I love the way this pattern looks.  I like that there are no picots, other than those used for joining.  In this pattern, it's perfect.

I modified it a bit, and am now having an issue (of course). It calls for 8 repeats in the first round, but when I finished 8 it wasn't large enough to join to the beginning, so I did 10 repeats instead.  I guess I must have tatted too tightly.  Anyway, I don't have a picture right now but I've finished the second round and had too many repeats of that so now it's curly.  I haven't blocked it yet because it made me mad so I set it aside, and maybe blocking will help this problem. That's what I get for not following the pattern as written.  Grr.

Am also including more pictures of the pretty shuttle I'm using for Lucky.  I bought it on Ebay I believe, included in a lot of shuttles someone else found at auction.  They're all handmade wooden shuttles, and there's one I'm going to use to try tatting with yarn.  This one holds a lot of thread, and although one end has a large opening, the other holds the thread in place if I have to dangle it to get rid of twist.   It's large, but I got used to it fairly quickly.

Not sure about the wood.  Oak?







2 comments:

  1. I love that doily pattern! What a lucky find with the shuttle! I haven't looked for shuttles in a while. I'm way too tempted by what I see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doily is looking wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete