Monday, May 6, 2013

Doiles in progress

I've started a few larger projects, and decided to do this one in some green thread I bought for Christmas tatting because it's the only large ball of size 30 I had on me.  It's the Distinctive Luncheon Set from Tatting Doilies and Edgings (Rita Weiss), made with Cebelia No 30, color 699.

(Notice my lovely GR-8 shuttle in Purpleheart. I'm finallly learning how to adjust the tension faster.)


And the other doily in progress at the moment is Large Centerpiece, from Tatting With Anne Orr, made with Cebelia No 20, color 712. I'm not entirely thrilled with how it's turning out because the second round is a bit crowded, but I kept on anyways to see how it would turn out.  Maybe I can fix this when I do my final blocking. I'm working on making spaces even between rings, and on consistent picot sizes.  

Using split rings between the motifs on the current round.  I join to the last row with the second ring, then switch shuttles and do ring three on the bottom.  Ring four is a split ring, as is ring one of the next motif.  So far so good!


(Love my Pop-a-Bobbin shuttle and have 2 more on the way soon!)


Also have three motifs finished from Jon Yusoff's Elegant Tatting Gems that I will photograph hopefully tomorrow and post as motifs 3-5 for the Challenge.

Happy Tatting!

1 comment: